Click here for our application process and for an application.
Whether you are looking for OTR and/or local trucking opportunities, this is where you will find it. We have a large and dedicated freight business. Preferred Transit, Inc. offers many reasons for joining our team! Besides, you’ll love working here!
|Drivers Underwriting Criteria:
|In order to be covered by our insurance company, a driver must meet the minimum driver underwriting guidelines.DRIVER(s)
A. Must meet all Federal Motor Carrier guidelines.B. Must have a valid Commercial Driver License with proper endorsements, or Chauffeur License (where applicable) in state of residence. No current license suspension or revocation. A work permit is not acceptableC. No serious or disqualifying traffic violations with the last three years as follows:
- Excessive speeding, involving any single offense for any speed of 15 M.P.H. or more above the posted speed limit
- Reckless driving, as defined by state or local law or regulation, including, but not limited to the offense of driving a motor vehicle in willful or wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property.
- Improper or erratic lane changes.
- Following the vehicle ahead to closely.
- Driving while intoxicated or under the influence of drugs.
- Hit and run, leaving the scene of an accident, or failure to report an accident.
D. No more than four (4) moving violations in the past 36 months, and no more than two (2) moving violations in the previous 12 months.
E. No preventable accidents involving a fatality, bodily injuries treated away from the scene, or disabling damage to a motor vehicle within three years. (Disabling damages means damage that precludes departure of any motor vehicle from the scene of an accident in its usual manner in daylight after simple repairs. This includes damaged vehicles that are drivable, but would incur further damages, if so driven.)
F. A minimum of two (2) years experience in the operation of tractor/trailer equipment.
G. Must be 23 years old.
|Driver Payroll Program
- Minimum age of 23
- Minimum 2 years of tractor trailer experience
- Start Pay at $0.36 per mile for the first 90 days
- $0.01 per mile raise after 90 days and review of driver performance
- $0.01 per mile raise on 1 year anniversary date
- Additional $0.01 per mile on each anniversary date
|Extra Stop and Pickup:
- $10.00 For each stop after the first pickup
- $10.00 For each stop after the first delivery
- $40.00 Per day after the first 24 hours
- $15.00 per hour after the first 2 hours
- After successful completion of 1 Year of employment = 1 week paid vacation
- After successful completion of 3 Years of employment = 2 weeks paid vacation
- After successful completion of 5 Years of employment = 3 weeks paid vacation
- After 90 paid working days, 6 Paid Holidays at the rate of $80.00 per day. New Years Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day
- After 6 months of employment $0.005 per mile for Insurance Benefit
- After 1 year of employment $0.01 per mile for Insurance Benefit
- Cell Phone Allowance $15.00 per month
- Home most weekends
- Great Mileage Pay (Loaded or Empty)
- Driver Referral Program
- Driver’s Safety Bonus Program